Sent Thur May 30:
Hi y'all!
The MTC is great. I love feeling the Spirit and learning how to help others learn about Christ. I felt overwhelmed yesterday, but today I feel a lot better. Maybe it's because I went to the temple this morning. The first few days were good, but kind of hard to adjust to. I felt lost. Having a companion, Elder Nygaard, was really helpful. He's a great guy and we have similar personalities.
I am sort of enjoying the food. There are some things that have made me feel sick, but they have a good variety. Plus there is BYU ice cream each Wednesday and Sunday.
I can't believe it's been a week. I only have about 6 days left, and I do not feel prepared for the field. I've learned lots, but I feel like I need another month here to really understand enough to be effective.
I sent a letter yesterday, finally. This is the first opportunity I've had to email because it's my first and only P-day while in the MTC. Before I know it, I'll be in the field.
I can't believe it's been a week. I only have about 6 days left, and I do not feel prepared for the field. I've learned lots, but I feel like I need another month here to really understand enough to be effective.
I sent a letter yesterday, finally. This is the first opportunity I've had to email because it's my first and only P-day while in the MTC. Before I know it, I'll be in the field.
I wish I could play my piano again, but I'm having fun annoying the other elders in my district by singing all day. Luckily my companion is also musical and doesn't mind it as much as they do. There always seems to be a hymn in my mind and on my tongue. There is so much happiness here, even with Elder Perkins burping right next to me =P.
I love you. I miss you. But don't fret about me. I hope all is well and that y'all had fun in Idaho.
This is a wonderful work to be a part of. Thank you for being patient with me as I prepared to serve. I'm sorry for the heartache and all the tough times, but I'm here, and I would not want to be anywhere else (except maybe Houston). Just remember our Savior and do His work. Help the missionaries and talk with others about the Gospel. Take time to be holy as often as you can. Remember where all your blessings come from. Heavenly Father is blessing our lives right now in wonderful ways. He is helping me become a better instrument in His hands to bring others to follow Jesus Christ.
Email me back at amurdock@myldsmail.net. Send me all the family's emails, and, if possible, get Tony, Moi, and Ryan to send me an email and/or a letter.
Also, I love the cards, but perhaps a letter would be nice if you haven't sent one yet. I know it's hard to know what to say, but that's okay. Just tell me about how the family is doing, or what everyone is up to. If you want, you can send packages, though I have plenty of snacks that I haven't eaten yet and probably won't finish before next Tuesday.
I love you. Send back when possible.
I love you. Send back when possible.
Love,
Elder Aaron Murdock
Here's my last email from the MTC.
Hi parents!
The time here has flown by. We had half our district leave this morning, and we leave at 3:00 AM tonight. There are about 14 or so of us going to Houston, only 3 speaking Spanish. We still have to clean our room and pack. Right now the laundry is going, so I'm taking the time to email y'all.
These last few days have been good, but I have felt rather distracted. I haven't been able to focus during study because we all wanted to get into the field so much. I'm still having problems dozing during class, usually when it's right after lunch and my stomach is full.
We got to teach a real referral the other day. She believes in all the good things the Church teaches about avoiding substances and other commandments, but she is having a difficult time coming to have a testimony of Joseph Smith as a prophet. Hopefully our lesson about the Restoration and our invitation to her to watch Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration will help her gain one.
My laundry is about done, and it will be the other elders' turn for emailing. I better go.
I love you all. Please put my email out on Facebook for family to see, perhaps in a message to them. Also, you can post my mailing address for Houston once you get it. I think the one I put on my letters is the correct one, but I haven't been able to double check yet.
See you in two!
With love,
No comments:
Post a Comment