I got a new companion this week: Elder Barney. He is from Hurricane, Utah. He has been in the same zone for all 16 months of his mission prior to this area, so this is new to him. Elder Ririe went off to a place called Klein.
Transfers got moved up by two days. We found out on Sunday night instead of Tuesday. We got new companions on Tuesday instead of Thursday. This is how it will be from now on. Elder Ririe didn't have long to say goodbye to the people who he spent the last eight months with. BTW, I hope I don't spend eight months in one area, especially one as small as this. I'd go crazy.
This is my first time taking over an area. It is difficult to schedule everything and keep track of who is home when. I also have to figure out where people live and plan how long it will take to walk there. My new companion is the new district leader for this district, and it's his first time being one. He is adjusting to that at the same time that he's getting used to a new area, so we are both experiencing something new. It's good for us and will help us grow.
We have a couple baptism dates set! However, one investigator hasn't been to church yet, and the other has some issues we need to work through. We will trust in Heavenly Father and pray for their progress. Perhaps the dates will be delayed, but that isn't a bad thing if they need more preparation.
The weather has finally started to cool down. It isn't burning hot and humid like it has been. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I hope it will be a few weeks at least. Maybe we've even entered into winter at last, though I doubt it.
With the holidays coming up, my thoughts are turning to how we can use these events to our advantage with regards to missionary work. Halloween may be scary and fun, but there is also great opportunity to meet neighbors and share treats. I encourage y'all to meet the parents who knock on your doors. Make this a missionary opportunity and be creative about it.
I hope all is well on the home front. The work is picking up here. Hopefully we can all achieve the Lord's purposes as we work together, members and missionaries.
This is the work of salvation for Heavenly Father's children. We all have a part in it. We all have talents to use. We all have opportunities to do good. We can all help bring to pass immortality and eternal life for ourselves and our associates.
May we have great success in our efforts to spread this message abroad.
I share that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Have a wonderful, autumnal week.
Elder Murdock
No comments:
Post a Comment