For anyone who I have not sent one of these to, this is my weekly letter to all who may be interested. Usually it is posted at my blog murdomission.blogspot.com . Weeks past are there if you want to read them.
This week has been a pretty good one. On Monday we went to the Sister's apartment complex and played pool and games. It was a good time and very needed.
Tuesday we got to go to the temple. It's a wonderful blessing that we get to go once a transfer. It recharges me for the next six weeks. It was good to just sit in the celestial room and ponder and feel the Spirit.
That evening we got to teach a man about the Plan of Salvation. He is a coworker of one of the members in our area. He wanted to know what we believe about life after death, and this helped him understand more about what really happens when we die. He was so open and asked great questions. We felt the Spirit in the lesson, and we're sure he did, too.
Wednesday we did service all day by first mowing a sister's lawn. Then we went to a Nature Center near our area and cleared out weeds. If anyone ever has need of service, give the missionaries a call. It could be mowing, weeding, raking leaves, shoveling snow, painting, canning, just anything. I know we're always looking for opportunities, and I'm sure the elders there are also.
Thursday we planned for the next week and spent some time looking at videos on Mormon.org.
Friday was District Meeting. We had a breakfast right before it. Sister Bonner in our district cooked Belgian waffles and there was whipped cream and strawberries. It was really good. She felt bad because she had us hauling water in a bucket during a rainstorm from outside the church to the font in the church.
Saturday we woke up way early at 5 AM for basketball. I slept on the couch in the foyer as Elder Barney played in the gym. That afternoon, we went with some members to Sports Authority and purchased a new bike, since I don't have one out here yet. I don't have any pics of me on it, yet, but I do have a picture of it attached. I also got a helmet and other stuff for it. I'm excited!
Yesterday was one of the most spiritual days I've had out here so far. We had Ward Council, which always goes well. The council here is awesome and they work hard in their callings. They follow-up with their assignments and are mostly accountable. During church, Elder Barney and I got to go into the Primary and teach the kids about missionary work. They had questions about life as a missionary and we told them what to do to prepare to serve. It was a great experience.
After church, we met with the bishop and the Ward Mission Leader, Brother Ginn. It was a very sacred meeting. We discussed what can do to get the work moving. We talked about what members can do to help. The prayers offered brought the Spirit very strongly, and I will never forget that meeting.
We met a family we had not met yet. We shared a thought with them. Right after we left their house, Elder Barney said he needed to use the restroom. We decided to walk across the road and hop a member's fence to ask them. As we approached their backdoor, it turned out that they were celebrating the daughter's birthday. They invited us in and sat us down with chocolate cake while she opened her cards. This family is an incredible family named the Eldredge's. They have a son on a mission and the daughter just turned 18. Funny thing, the missionary son's name is Sawyer. The 18-year-old's name is Mikella (like Mikayla). We had a great time and shared a message with them.
I know that this work is truly God's work. We are here to gather scattered Israel home. We are here to bring souls unto Christ and back to live with Heavenly Father in Eternal Life. I testify and add my witness to countless others: Jesus Christ lives! He is the head of the church. He has called again a prophet to guide us home. I know it is true! I know we are engaged in a great work, indeed, the greatest work.
If you have doubts, doubt those doubts before you doubt your faith. As Elder Holland has said "...if your faith is a little tested in this or any season, I invite you to lean on mine." Elder Holland has seen the Son of God and knows of His reality, His divinity, and His leadership of this church. While I have not seen Christ, I also have a firm testimony that he is our Savior, the Son of God, who lives and guides us through His appointed prophets.
I joyfully share this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
With love,
Elder Murdock
No comments:
Post a Comment