Houston Temple

Houston Temple
Holiness to the Lord

Monday, October 14, 2013

General Epistle the Tenth

Hello, all!

I can't believe how long it has been. This is the start of my fourth transfer! I'm getting a new companion tomorrow. Elder Ririe has been good, despite my being an idiot sometimes.

The area is rather small, but that just means we have to rely on the members more than other areas. It's through the members that we can find people to teach. In the latest Ensign, there was an article on hastening the work of salvation.  This is a wonderful time to be a missionary, but also a member. Here is a quote from the article:
"Full-time missionaries are trained to teach those who have been prepared to receive the gospel. They help the members with the members’ missionary work, not vice versa. Full-time and member missionaries are thus partners in bringing the gospel into the lives of those the Lord has prepared to receive it."

I encourage you all to consider how you can help the full-time missionaries have people to teach. Our ward mission leader has a cousin who is a mission president in California. There is an area there that baptizes an average of 40 people a year. That's almost one a week! The members there know their responsibilities and do them. They have the spirit of missionary work, which is the same as accomplishing God's purpose of bringing to pass our immortality and eternal life. When all is said and done, the greatest duty is to preach the Gospel.

I hope everyone got to catch General Conference. If there were any sessions you missed, go and watch them ASAP. It was one of the best conferences ever. President Monson even said so. The general authorities are getting more and more clear, succinct, and bold in their statements of truth, and you can feel the power of their words. 

This week's question is this: What ideas do you have to be more involved in the work of salvation?
Send your answers back; I'd love to hear them. 

I know I haven't sent many pictures home. I'll try to be more diligent in that. However, don't be shy to send yours to me. I'd love to see them. 

On Friday I got rather excited about the work. I read a couple things that got me pumped. Then Zone Meeting just got me more pumped. Then conference the next two days has me wanting to run from door to door. This is an exciting time to see the Lord's work hastening. We can do it because there is nothing He has asked us to do that He will not make a way for us to do. This is the work of the Lord, preparing the world for His glorious return. It is a wonderful time. I look forward to and pray for the day of His coming. We can help to usher in His reign. We can do it! 

I share that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Sincerely,

Elder Murdock

No comments:

Post a Comment