This week flew by, but so has every other week.
We played Catch Phrase as a district on Monday for Preparation Day. It was a ton of fun.
Tuesday we had an appointment with an investigator. His wife has not been to the last 4 lessons, and we are worried that her disinterest is affecting him. He wants to come to church and even get baptized, but he wants his wife to be as interested as he is. Perhaps in a couple weeks, when she no longer has to prepare the music for her class reunion, she will be more involved in the lessons.
Wednesday we helped a less-active woman move from the ward. We painted all morning and afternoon. I didn't get to go to the scouting broadcast, but I heard it was really cool. If you get a chance, check it out Here.
Thursday was more moving all day. We went to a member's home for Halloween and had dinner. I took my bathrobe and a wand to be a Ravenclaw student. IDK if there were pictures, but I'll check.
Friday was Zone Meeting, and it was really good. We talked about referrals and how to get more people to teach. I need that right now, since we only have two investigators, and only one is progressing toward baptism. We need to find more people to teach for sure.
Saturday we got to meet with our bishop. He is a great bishop and is dedicated to the work of salvation. Unfortunately, he told us he is moving soon. My companion is frustrated because he was finally in an area where the bishop cared and the ward mission leader wanted to work. Now we're losing the bishop, and we just hope that the one to replace him will be as dedicated.
Sunday was church, of course. No investigators could come. Our appointment with our one progressing investigator fell through because he had no fuel to drive.
I would share a miracle, but I can't seem to really recognize one from this week. However, I do know that reaching out to others helps myself to refocus on what's important. I have been down on myself for not being the kind of missionary I want to be. While I know I can't be perfect, I also know I could be doing better. Focusing so much on myself, I have forgotten to make sure my companion is doing all right. I was reminded of this today when he was angry and I asked him what was up. Sometimes we just need to get outside ourselves and care for others.
During Zone meeting, there were miracles shared with us. Sister Garlick shared a great one that really strengthened my testimony that we are led by the Holy Ghost when we are doing what we know we should. She is an obedient missionary, and I feel that I have not been. Thus, I have not seen miracles, whereas she really has.
There is a bigger picture so many of us miss. We don't realize that we are a blip in eternity. We do not realize that our decision determine our destinies. We forget that we are eternal beings living mortal lives. We focus on the temporal and not the eternal.
Our goal is Eternal Life. The church and all the commandments and programs in it are there to help us prepare for that goal. They are there to improve us. Do not get caught up in the minutia of life that that greatest of all gifts goes unnoticed and, eventually, given up.
I know we have a savior, Jesus Christ, who has allowed us to partake of Salvation and Eternal Life. I know we must choose now to serve Him and become His disciples. I know we have a greater purpose here: to help bring to pass the Eternal Life of ourselves and our brothers and sisters.
Be strong and of good courage, for He has overcome the world.
In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Elder Murdock
No comments:
Post a Comment