Houston Temple

Houston Temple
Holiness to the Lord

Sunday, September 22, 2013

General Epistle the Third

 
 
 
August 19, 2013
 
Hi all!
 
I can't believe it has almost been two transfers. Just over a week until the next one. We'll see if I move or not. My training is finished at that time, also.  Who knows, I may be training next transfer O_O.
 
The work is going pretty slowly in my area. People aren't progressing as we'd hoped, and our goal of having a baptism by the end of August will not likely happen. Still, there are 11 days left. Who knows.
 
A sister in my area gave a wonderful talk yesterday at church. She spoke about member missionary work and how we can focus on the basics. She teaches primary, and so she used the primary colors as an example of the gospel. If you have red, blue, and yellow, you have the basic things about the gospel. When you mix them, you can get more colors, more understanding, and more truth. It was interesting, and made me think about how often people overcomplicate the gospel. Really, we're all striving for the same thing Heavenly Father wants for us: immortality and Eternal life. I'm serving here to help others receive that. We all, as member of the Lord's church, need to help others receive that.
 
Part of member missionary work is helping reactivate others. People forget what the gospel can do and has done for them. We all need to edify one another and warn our neighbors. This is done as we just do simple things like take a walk around the neighborhood and speak with our neighbors on the street. We could host a dinner party, though that takes more effort. However, no effort is wasted in the work of the Lord. One small gesture can change a person's life. One kind word, one small effort made, can help others come back to Jesus Christ and to His Church. Go out and become friends and seek to build the kingdom.
 
I'm slowly getting over my fear of speaking to others. I have reached out to many people, although most of them have said "no". However, as long as I open my mouth, I fulfill my calling.
 
I hope all is well on the home front of the battle of life. Be strong and of a good courage.
 
Elder Murdock
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment