Houston Temple

Houston Temple
Holiness to the Lord

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

General Epistle the Twenty-Second

Hello, all!
I did not write a general epistle last week, so I'll update everyone this week.
Christmas was a lot of fun. I got to Facetime my family on Christmas Eve. It was great to see everyone. It does not seem like it has been seven months, but it has. I know this next year is going feel longer.
I got to be Santa for a family in another area on Christmas morning. It was great to act the part and I had fun with it. Afterward, we went to a member's home and had breakfast and lunch with him and his family. They have a son who is about to leave the MTC for Vancouver, Mandarin-speaking. I watched a movie called "The 5000 Day Project: Two Brothers." It was really cool and got me thinking about my mission and what I want to become from it.
The evening was spent at the Eldredge's, a really awesome family who is strong in the gospel and who love sharing it. They also have a son on a mission in Pocatello, who we got to meet over Skype for a moment. We had dinner and finished the evening off by singing carols around the piano as I played it.
Skipping ahead a bit, we were at Matt and Sam's house on Sunday when we received transfer calls. I got transferred. This makes me sad, because I love Legends and the people here. Things are just picking up, too, and it was exciting.
I got to transfer meeting on Tuesday and found out who my new companion is. I'm now back with Elder Ririe, though this time we are serving in an area called Klein Oak. I've never heard of someone going to be with the same companion twice, but it just happened to us. So now I'm here in Klein Oak, adjusting to riding a bike in the bitter cold. I'm not sure why I was brought here, but I want to learn and grow from the experience, and help Elder Ririe grow, too.
My specialist appointment was on Friday. I learned that the treatment I'm on is not working, so they are considering a more aggressive medication. Odds are, I'm not going to complete a full two years out here unless the Lord sees fit to bestow some miracles on me.
It has gotten me thinking a lot and praying a lot. I've decided that charity and love are my themes for my mission and my life, because these are the reasons God does what He does for us. They should be the reason and motivation behind all we do in this life.
I have learned to love the people of my last area. Now I have the opportunity to love the people here and my companion here. I get to increase in charity as I pray for it and try to practice it. I invite us all to pray for the love of God to enter our hearts and motivate our actions.
I know this is the Lord's work. We are all a part of His plan to bring us back into the presence of Heavenly Father. We have the Savior who has made this possible, if we will follow the Gospel Plan.
I share this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
God Bless.
Elder Murdock

No comments:

Post a Comment