Hello, all!
Well, I woke up with a fever this morning. It was running around 103.2 degrees. No fun. I'm still pretty under the weather, though it has gotten better. Hopefully it will be gone by the time we have dinner tonight.
This area is an interesting one. I'm not enjoying the biking. I thought it wouldn't be bad, but it seems like every time we go out on our bikes, the wind is against us; there's always a headwind. I have not biked this much since elementary school, so my legs are super sore, to the point where I can barely walk.
We visited a woman in the ward this week who has cancer. She is on medications and they have caused her to swell up and gain a lot of weight. She is shut-in, so we walked into her house through her garage. She was so kind, but you could see she was exhausted. It made me realize that there is always someone who has it worse than me, and that I should be grateful for the trials I don't have to endure.
It has been difficult to focus on the work lately. With all the health things going on, my life seems to be focused on that and not on bringing souls to Christ. I know the council to forget myself and go to work, and I want to, but I also have to maintain my kidney function if I want to stay out here. It's a balancing act for sure.
There's so much going on in my head right now, and I can't seem to organize any of it. This is definitely an opportunity to rely of the Lord as I work through it all and try to make sense of my life.
I know He will grant me revelation for my life as I pray and study and try my best to get into the work in this new area.
Remember that there is a greater picture. We are creating our own eternities with every choice and at every turn. May we each use the Atonement of Christ to change our hearts and bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and an eternity with Him. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
With Love,
Elder Murdock
No comments:
Post a Comment