Hi, y'all!
I guess this is it. I got the call this morning that I'll be going home. It's a strange feeling. It almost seems like the last 7 1/2 months have been a dream. It's what I worked toward for so long, and now it's gone in a flash.
Yeah, I have regrets. I probably shouldn't, but I do. However, I know the Lord has plans for me ahead. I know alot of people go less-active or have their testimonies damaged by coming home early. It will be hard, but it hasn't phased my conversion. I know what I know and I'll live it, even at the risk of having others wonder about me. Besides, I knew this was most likely going to happen. It seems I won't be getting to use an iPad out here :)
Thank you for all the support and prayers. There have been miracles here, even when I've been too blind to see many of them. There have been great opportunities for me to grow and for me to help others grow closer to Jesus Christ. And now I know what the work is like, I can help push it forward with greater haste and understanding at home.
I know this is the Lord's work. His hand is in it all. I know His desire is our Eternal Life and Happiness with our families and with Him. All Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ do is for our benefit. If we can no more than desire to believe, we should let this desire work in us. The relief I've felt and joy I've felt from knowing who I am, where I'm going, and what waits after tshi life has strengthened and comforted me and given me purpose in life.
I came out as a child, but hopefully I've grown into what the Lord needs me to be: a man of God and a worthy priesthood holder.
And I've learned some things about myself. I've also learned what I can improve on. Perhaps the greatest thing I've learned is that Charity and Love are healing, and they give us the clearest sight.
I know Jesus Christ lives, and that He atoned for our sins and heals us from our pains. I know Heavenly Father loves us, and that love motivates everything He does. I know we are His children, and we have a divine potential to be like Him someday. I know that through faith, repepntance, baptism, and receving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, we can receive all that the Father has.
I know Jospeh Smith was called as a prophet and that it was through him that Christ restored His true church and authority to this earth.
Shall we not go on in so great a cause? Brethren, Adieu.
In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Elder Murdock
No comments:
Post a Comment